Welcome to USD 262! Embracing Today. Preparing for Tomorrow
Welcome to the USD 262 Valley Center Public school district, which includes Valley Center, Park City, Kechi, and Wichita addresses. The Valley Center school district is made up of three elementary schools (Abilene Elementary, West Elementary, and Wheatland Elementary), one intermediate school for 4th and 5th grades (Valley Center Intermediate School), one middle school for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades (Valley Center Middle School) and one high school (Valley Center High School). The district provides an Early Childhood program located at the Abilene Elementary location, as well as a separate location providing an Adult Diploma Completion Program at The Learning Center.
For more information regarding a specific school, please refer to the "Schools" link at the top of the web page.
ENROLL FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR!It is time to enroll your student(s) for the 2023-2024 school year! Those families who complete enrollment by April 30 will receive a USD 262 calendar magnet!
Also, if you have not already done so, please enroll any incoming Kindergarten students by following the steps below and adding your new Kindergartner on the Student Tab.
*CURRENT STUDENT RE-ENROLLMENT for 2023-2024:
The steps to re-enroll for next year are as follows:
· Log into Parent Portal at portal.usd262.net
· Select More on the left and then Online Registration
· Select Existing Student Registration
· Select Begin Registration and follow the steps to complete the application
· If adding a Kindergartner, when you get to the student tab, select New Student located under your current students.
Pre-Kindergarten information can be found here.
Note that all personal information will be transferred exactly as written into Infinite Campus. Please take a moment to carefully review your entry for accuracy as this is one of the only times you can update your contact preferences (Phone, email, text). If you are moving, please make sure to upload proof of residency or contact your school with this information.
We ask that you complete re-enrollment by April 30, 2023. As always, if you have any questions or issues with logging into Parent Portal please call the District Office at 316-755-7000. If there are other issues with the re-enrollment process, please contact the technology department at 316-755-7010.
Returning families, enroll here
Families new to USD 262, enroll here
Click here to check if a property is within the district's boundaries:
School Supply LisTSElementary School Supply list
Intermediate school supply list
*High School students will receive school supply information from their teachers.
SCHOOL BELL SCHEDULES:
Elementary Schools: 8:25 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Intermediate School: 8:40 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Middle School: 7:40 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
High School: 7:40 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
Additional Enrollment Resources
Documents Needed for Enrollment:
- Birth certificate (not hospital certificate; must be state-issued).
- Current immunization records.
- Verification of residency in Valley Center School District (will accept gas/city/electric bill or rental/house contract only).
- Students up to age nine who are enrolling for the first time in a Kansas school, must have a physical completed prior to enrollment.
- Health Assessment Form (use for Kindergarten and new out-of-state students).
- High school students - copy of transcript (recommended).
Additional Enrollment Information
- District Enrollment Policy
- 2023-2024 Fees
- Criteria for Out of District Enrollment Consideration
- Limited Out of District Enrollment Renewal Form
- District Enrollment Policy Including Part-Time Enrollment
District Enrollment Policy
Criteria for Out of District Enrollment Consideration
Limited Out of District Enrollment Renewal Form
District Enrollment Policy Including Part-Time Enrollment
Currently, Valley Center USD 262 requires all Kindergarten through 12th grade students reside in the district boundaries. However, the district does accept out-of-district students ONLY for our Adult Diploma Completion Program. If you have questions regarding district boundaries, please refer to the district map or contact the Director of Transportation, Mark Marshall, at 316.755.7112.