Never share your password with anyone.
Passwords must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
- Be at least seven (7) characters in length
- Contain characters from each of the following categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9) OR non-alphabetic/special characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Passwords must be changed once every 365 days
- The previous four (4) passwords are remembered and cannot be reused.
How To Change A Password In Windows
- Once are logged on to a Windows computer press Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Then select Change a Password
- Enter the current password and then the new password you want set for your Windows and Google Apps accounts
- The new password needs to be entered a second time to confirm it
- Press Enter or click the arrow (->) next to the new password field
How to Change Windows Password in Outlook Web App (Webmail)
If you are prompted to change your password when you log into the Outlook Web App (the District Email website), you must add the domain to the user field, followed by a backslash. Our domain is vcpsnet, so for the user name field you would enter the following:
Google Apps Password Policy
Windows passwords are synced with Google Apps. In order to change your Google Apps password, just change your Windows password by logging into one of the school’s computers and following the instructions above about changing a Windows password. You can then login to Google Apps with your new password.