USD 262 Valley Center Public Schools serves approximately 3,300 students from the communities of Valley Center, Park City, Kechi, and Wichita, KS. Our district’s location provides a unique opportunity to blend the feel and safety of a small town with easy access to Metro-Wichita.
Our district has a pre-kindergarten program, three elementary schools (grades Pre-K-3), an intermediate school (grades 4-5), a middle school (grades 6-8), and a 5A high school (grades 9-12). In addition, we offer virtual and adult learning opportunities at The Learning Center, which assists students of all ages to earn their high school diploma. The district has many partnerships with post-secondary institutions to help prepare students for college, career, and/or military life after high school.
Our district employs over 600 staff including teachers and part-time teachers, 75 substitute teachers, and 20 Rule 10 coaches all who strive to make our district’s vision a reality: “To be a premier school district known for excellence in education, innovative instruction, outstanding programs, and dedication to students.” Our staff is committed to excellence and are what makes our district an award-winning school system:
- District – Full Kansas Education Systems Accreditation, 2021 Commissioners Award for Post-Secondary Success, #5 Best School District in the Wichita area by Niche.com
- Valley Center High School – Gold Standard Award from Next Gen Personal Finance
- Valley Center Middle School - Rated One of the Best Public Middle Schools in the Wichita area by Niche.com
- Valley Center Intermediate School - Rated in the Top 10 Middle Schools in the state of Kansas by U.S. News and World Report
- Wheatland and Abilene Elementary Schools – Rated in the Top 30% of Elementary Schools in the state of Kansas by U.S. News and World Report
- Public School Review ranks all Valley Center Elementary Schools in the top 30%
- Multiple Award Winning Staff Members.
We are proud of all our schools have to offer and that we provide a caring, safe place for our students to receive a quality education!
USD 262 does not discriminate on the base of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.