Valley Center Hornets
April 21, 2017
- More than 100 billion pieces of junk mail are delivered in the United States each year.
- The U.S. buried or burned more than 166 million tons of resources – paper, plastic, metals, glass and organic materials – in landfills and incinerators last year.
- It only takes about 6 weeks total to manufacture, fill, sell, recycle, and then remanufacture an aluminum beverage can.
The VCHS Environmental Club is challenging you to get outside and enjoy/help the Earth tomorrow. Some ideas are: work in a garden, plant a tree, take a walk outside, or volunteer down at the Arkansas River Trash Roundup (click link for more info) with the Environmental Club!!
Hope you have a GREEN day tomorrow! J
- Applications are now being accepted for the Music Theatre Performance class for next fall, 2017. Students in this course put on the Fall Musical with the Madrigals. Students must be accepted into the class to be a part of the cast. Application forms are available in the drama classroom (B-03) and are due by Thursday, April 20. Students who do not fill out an application WILL NOT be considered for the course regardless of whether or not you enrolled in the class. Questions? Check with mtut!
- Plan to attend the 4th Annual after, “After Prom” FREE breakfast. Don’t miss Mrs. Joyal’s GOURMET, all you can eat pancakes, French toast, BACON and other great food served in a restaurant style atmosphere!!! It will be held at the First United Methodist Church at 5th and Meridian from 2:00-3:30 a.m. Please make a reservation outside Mrs. Joyal’s door so the amount of food needed can be determined. SADD & VC Parents are sponsoring this free event!!!
- Would you like a FREE Prom Dress? The First United Methodist Church has collected over 50 used prom dresses and would like to make them available to VCHS students. There are also a few suits available for the men. If you are interested in taking a look to see if there is one for you please stop by and talk with Mrs. Joyal in C-18 or email her at Kristen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ATTN: Juniors/Seniors
Please pick up an After Prom Permission slip that will need to be completed by you if you are a Junior or Senior Student and you plan on attending After Prom On April 29 from 11:30 PM - 2:00 AM. These slips are due by Friday, April 21st. Permission slips are available in our office and have also been sent out by parent portal and student portal.