Welcome to Valley Center USD 262
Welcome to the Valley Center USD 262 school district, which is comprised of Valley Center, Park City, Kechi and Wichita addresses. The Valley Center school district is made up of three elementary schools (Abilene Elementary, West Elementary and Wheatland Elementary), one intermediate school for 5th and 6th grades (Valley Center Intermediate School), one middle school (Valley Center Middle School) and one high school (Valley Center High School). The district provides an Early Childhood program located at the West Elementary location, as well as a separate location providing an Adult Diploma Completion Program at The Learning Center. For more information regarding a specific school, please refer to the "Our Schools" link at the top of the web page.
If you reside within the USD262 boundaries or have an approved out of district student waiver, please fill out this form:
Enrollment Form (PLEASE NOTE: THIS FORM IS FOR 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR)
To enroll a child in this district, you will need to provide the following information to the school your enrolling in.
|Documentation needed for enrollment :
- Birth certificate (not hospital certificate; must be state issued)
- Current immunization records
- Verification of residency in Valley Center School District (will accept gas/city/electric bill or rental/house contract only)
- New students from out of state must have a physical completed in the state of
- Health Assessment Form (use for Kindergarten and new out-of-state students)
- High school students - copy of transcript (recommended)
Currently, Valley Center USD 262 requires all Kindergarten through 12th grade students reside in the district boundaries. However, the district does accept out-of-district students ONLY for our Adult Diploma Completion Program. If you have questions regarding district boundaries, please refer to the district map or contact the Director of Transportation, Mark Marshall, at 316.755.7112.
Criteria for Out Of District Enrollment Consideration
1. A child living outside of district boundaries with a parent/guardian that is currently employed with USD 262 or Sedgwick County Special Education Cooperative (based on classroom availability, enrollment prior to September 20, 2016, and a student in good standing);
2. Students living outside of district boundaries who attended Valley Center schools during the 2014-2015 and/or 2015-2016 school year(s) will need to complete the renewal form (based on classroom availability, enrollment prior to September 20, 2016, and a student in good standing).
Limited Out-Of-District Enrollment Renewal Form
2016-2017 Valley Center Fee Schedule
Also, please find provided below, links available regarding area city websites.